Monday, October 20, 2008

Countdown winding down

Wow! The jump from thirty days to two days is surprisingly quick! And I must say that procrastinating during that time has not done me any favours! I just spent a good deal of my afternoon packing, unpacking, repacking, and so on. It’s amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years, and how little of it can fit in two suitcases!
Other than last minute packing, I’ve been able to spend time with family and friends over the last few weeks. In some ways it’s nice being able to say goodbye to everyone in advance. I’ve had some rather tearful airport goodbyes on other trips, which are good but ultimately exhausting. On the other hand, it feels like I’ve been saying goodbye for weeks now, which also hard in a way.
Speaking of saying goodbye, last night I went out for what I thought was a girls night with a couple of friends, but turned out to be a surprise going away party. I was definitely fooled until arrival. Apparently they don’t make going away balloons, so I was informed (via balloon message) that I am “the greatest!”Always good to know!
It’s great to know that so many people are thinking about me now and wishing me the best on this new adventure.
All that is left now is to finish packing and make my way to Vancouver. Then I can just sit back and enjoy the ride for a bit.

2 comments:

  1. You are the greatest!!! You know it's true. I'm glad you had a good time last night, and I hope that you're not suffering from the delay in packing that we caused! I'm excited for you, friend, and I can't wait to hear all about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlene my twin! I can't believe you're teaching in London! How exciting!! What a great choice, if I may say so (not that I have ever been there. hehe). It's somewhere I'd want to try teaching too. So cool that you're all done with school and starting a totally new adventure. :) I like adventures, but I just wish Korea and England were a tad bit closer. Know that I'll be frequenting your blog a LOT and that I can't wait to read updates and funny stories! Love you amiga!

    ReplyDelete